Monday, February 23, 2009

GETting BACK to Little Brother pt. duex!




The epitome of Hip Hop lies in the lyrics of many men with many emcees running through tracks just to find the moment where the marriage of real music proceeds. I thought I found real hip hop in my expedition for hope. In verses I found Ninth Wonder’s high hats hitting me low in my soul. I flexed with the lyrics that gave truth to where Little Brother’s thoughts thrived from. An extreme appreciation for the crew as the 3some they began as is something that I could never truly explain. Discovery into the new depths of what hip hop is comes to me inside of a Godly type class. I’m forever indebted to Hip Hop, ode to the culture.

Keeping up with Little Brother can be so difficult. Like any group or artist on the road and the grind, finding time to sit down to actually have an interview with me wasn’t peaches and cream. Between trips to Hawaii, traveling all over the US and beyond creating separate albums and working as a team, the ambition of what these emcees have had to endure to get to this status is the same drive they gave me to run them down to do this interview. I feel extremely dedicated to what I want to get across in the light of showing my true love and appreciation for these artists and respecting what HARD WORK looks like.

Phonte has actually come out with a new Foreign Exchange album “Leave It All Behind” with Nicolay. You would’ve had to been under a rock to not have noticed it’s blowing up in the hip hop scene. J The two of them along with the band are touring in a city near you. They’ll be running through B-more, NYC, North Carolina, DC and Philly in the next month catch them if you can.

Go to www.myspace.com/phontigallo to get more info on what’s popping with them. You can also catch the latest edition to Gordon Gartrell Radio which Phonte's podcast on the music traveling through his everyday life and his opinions on what's poppin off everyday news. His twist on things is always entertaining. Go listen at www.gordongartrellradio.com.




This week I got down with Pooh to discuss the ins and outs of what a relationship

looks like inside the industry. There is a fine line between networking and getting down with an individual when the world of work gets involved. Pooh gave me an in depth understanding of what a man who’s about his business, looks like, sounds like, and moves like. After this listening to this piece everyone should get an “A” on “Relationships Inside The Industry: 101”.

Rapper Big Pooh also recently brought out his new solo album “Rapper’s Delight” this past September. And you can check out this link to his newly released behind the scenes footage of "The Comeback" video.


http://videos.onsmash.com/v/lwHPbfLf1XVPYRXp





***These interviews were done over this past summer so excuse some of the material if it sounds slightly dated. Due to the economic differences that we as a people have endured and rendered we are now priviledged to have cheaper gas and a black president. (Obama endorsed dopeness) Enjoy!***




Pooh's Interview part duex


Phonte's Interview part duex

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a very well put together piece. I knew about Little Brother before "The Listening". It's good to see some light shined on true artist.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
M.O.B.B. said...

good job mama.....this is a great piece. :)

Jahi J. said...

Jwa!!! My only regret of closing my myspace page was that I cut off my line of communication with you. I knew I find you again even if I had to rejoin, lo-and-behold I come upon your blogsite, doing your thing writing; glad I found you again, looking forward to chattin it up with you as well and reading your words.

Jahi